Your brakes rely on friction to stop your car, which is supplied by either a brake pad or a brake shoe to slow and stop your vehicle. Many of today’s cars have disc brakes in the front and drum brakes in back. Some are 4-wheel disc brakes. Either way, both types of braking systems require regular maintenance to ensure they are in tip-top shape.
Brake systems are relatively simple, and when they need to be serviced, they do give certain warning signs. For example:
- A low or “spongy” pedal can mean that there’s air in the hydraulic system.
- A pulsing feel in the brake pedal or wheel shake during braking is also an indication of a problem.
- A red brake-warning light that stays on could mean that there’s an imbalance in your hydraulic system, low fluid, or an ABS problem.
- Let’s not forget the noises! While some brake noises are normal, chirps, continuous squeals or grinding sounds almost always mean that it’s time for a brake job. Any time you notice something irregular about your brakes, it’s a good idea to have them checked out by our brake systems specialists.
Regular Schedule Maintenance
Your car’s owner’s manual provides a maintenance schedule designed to keep your brakes in good working condition. Following it is the easiest way to avoid expense brake systems repairs and the potential for catastrophic brake systems failure. At the very least, you should have your brakes inspected every year.
Our Brake Systems Repair Services:
- Pad Replacement
- Lining Replacement
- Hose Replacement
- Wheel Cylinders
- Master Cylinders
- Emergency Brakes
- Drums & Rotors
- Power Boosters
- Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS)
Brake Fluid Replacement
Fresh/new brake fluid is clear in color with a very slight yellow tint. Brake fluid which has served its useful life and requires change is deeper amber in color (even brown, in some cases). If the fluid has a heavy amber hue, the fluid is ready to be replaced.
To guarantee the accuracy of our diagnostics and repairs, we offer a hassle-free nationwide 24 month/24,000 mile warranty on all repairs and the BG Lifetime Protection.