TRANSMISSION GOT YOU DOWN?Servicing today’s modern transmissions requires a high degree of technical skill and years of training, and this is where Friendswood Auto Center excels. Our certified technicians perform everything from routine maintenance and minor repairs, to complete rebuild/replacement of automatic and standard transmissions and clutches, including all domestic and most foreign vehicles, light and heavy-duty trucks, 4x4s, SUVs, and commercial vehicles.
Transmission Inspection & MaintenanceThe transmission is a crucial and potentially expensive part of your vehicle if not properly maintained. Aside from following Manufacturer’s Recommended Maintenance Schedule, if you see signs that something isn’t “right” with your transmission or sounds “funny”, it is vital to bring your car to a trustworthy mechanic in order to avoid significant safety issues and potentially costly repairs. Some signs your transmission may need an inspection include:
- Slippage (engine speeds up, but the vehicle does not)
- Hard or rough shifting between gears
- Irregular Shifting shifting while driving
- Oil and/or fluid stains under the vehicle
- Abnormal sounds or vibrations
- The trusty “check engine light”